It is perfectly normal to feel anxious when we are confronted by certain triggers – a job interview, a child’s exam, house shifting. Even the news of an impending cyclone on the evening news can make us anxious even though it is not something specific to our lives. All this is perfectly normal behavior, and a bit of anxiety actually prepares us mentally to face the situation well. But when the symptoms of anxiety become chronic and prevent us from leading a normal, healthy life, we should take it seriously and address it properly.
How do you find out that your anxiety is not the normal human response that is healthy, but has become something chronic which affects your life negatively? Watch out for these five most common signals :
- Physical Manifestations : If you often get the feeling of a dry mouth and sweaty palms, it is a first sign of chronic anxiety. You might feel a thumping pulse rate, and your fingers might shake. These are usual ‘fight or flight’ reactions from a body, so if you are feeling these symptoms quite often, it might mean every little thing is making you anxious.
- Feeling Tired : If you are being affected by unnecessary anxiety, you are likely to feel lethargic throughout the day and tired long before it is time to go to bed. This might have other reasons like excessive physical effort or inadequate diet, but very often is an outcome of anxiety as well.
- Lack of Focus : When your mental faculties are utilized more for thinking about whatever is making you anxious and devising different reasons and solutions for it, it could make you unable to concentrate on everyday responsibilities, or make you forgetful.
- Sleep Disorders : When you are feeling unnecessarily anxious over every small thing, you will experience disturbances in your sleep cycle. Sleep would be difficult to come by, and even after you have managed to fallen asleep, you might get jerked awake every few hours.
- Social Disengagement : When you are afflicted by anxiety disorders, you will find it difficult and strenuous to participate in social interactions. This is a sure signal when you do not feel like meeting those same people whose company you used to enjoy earlier.
We are naturally geared to be problem solvers. Whenever a difficult situation presents itself, we have reserves of mental and physical capabilities to overcome them. Read more about more chilli slot machine. But there could be several reasons that could be at play which render these capabilities ineffective. Here are five of them:
- Stress outside home – This is one of the most common reasons doctors and psychologists report for anxiety disorders. For adults it could be due to hostile situations at work or in the business place. For children, it could be due to bullying or poor grades at school.
- Stress at home – Many people get rattled by domestic discord with partners, indiscipline and poor manners from children, and any other situation at home which makes them nervous.
- Death or disease – Many people have become victims of extended anxiety when there is someone in the family or among close friends who is very ill. An unexpected death could also act as an anxiety trigger.
- Drugs or medicine – If someone takes recreational drugs on a regular basis, it often leads to symptoms of anxiety when the drugs are not in the system any more. The same effect has been observed when the person is under some heavy medication due to some other illness.
- Financial pressure – Whether at work or at home, this is a very common symptom for every day anxiety due to the rising costs of living. But if someone thinks about this for a long time and on a regular basis, it often leads to accentuated symptoms of anxiety.
Each person reacts to different solutions for resolving or reducing anxiety. But here are five solutions that usually work well for everyone :
- Be active mentally and physically.
- Work consciously on getting minimum amount of sleep every day.
- Avoid alcohol and quit smoking
- Keep some time aside every day for deep breathing exercises and meditation.
- Reduce oils, fats, sugar and salt in your diet. Move to a healthy diet.
Every person has a different trigger for his or her anxiety attacks, and also different solutions for the same. The above lists of symptoms, reasons, and solutions for anxiety are the most common ones. But you need to assess your own specific condition yourself or with the help of an expert and decide on the best course of action.